Please click on the links below for more information about Physical Education at KTS:
- Why is PE so important?
- Useful information for PE
- Courses, Assessment and Examinations
- Year Seven
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Benefits of PE during exams
- Parents helping their child's progress in PE
Physical Education & Dance
What we are trying to achieve with our students
- To encourage students to develop physically and acquire the highest possible level of attainment & achievement in the skills and techniques which form part of the P.E curriculum.
- To provide a variety of opportunities, both competitive and non-competitive in which students can enjoy the experience and achieve success.
- To promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and encourage students to have an understanding of their body, its capabilities and needs.
- To encourage students to use leisure time positively and constructively and make them aware of opportunities through both the school and community curriculum.
- To develop students into mature young people who are able to lead both their own and others’ learning.
The department is staffed by eight Physical Education teachers and one administration support assistant.
Miss Olden – Head of Physical Education and started working at KTS in 2002. Miss Olden’s favourite sports are Cycling and Skiing
Mr Bradley –Second in department and started working at KTS in 2008. Mr Bradley’s favourite sports are Football and Cricket
Mr Smith – Teacher in charge of KS5 started working at KTS in 2009. Mr Smith’s favourite sport is Rugby.
Miss Henderson – Head of Dance and started working at KTS in 2008. Miss Henderson’s favourite sports are Gymnastics and Dance.
Mr Raymen – Deputy head of sixth form and started working at KTS in 2012. Mr Raymen’s favourite sport is Football.
Mrs Curtis – Head of Year 7 and started working at KTS in 1998. Mrs Curtis’s favourite sport is Netball.
Miss Ward – Head of Year 10 and started working at KTS in 2007. Miss Ward’s favourite sport is Rugby.
Mrs Edwards – started working at KTS in 2010. Mrs Edwards favourite sport is Basketball.
Mrs Shaw - Physical Education administration support and started working at KTS in 2007. Mrs Shaw’s favourite sport is Dance.
For details of the PE curriculum and other information regarding PE, please follow the links on the right.